World Spine Day is a worldwide initiative — organized by the World Federation of Chiropractic (WFC) on October 16 each year — that aims to raise awareness of back pain and other spinal issues.
The theme of this year’s World Spine Day campaign is #GetSpineActive, which highlights the importance of spinal health and encourages people to manage back and neck pain through movement and exercise. As spine, muscle, and nervous system experts, chiropractors keep Canadians moving.
- Over 11 million Canadians suffer from at least one MSK condition each year
- Up to 85 per cent of workers will experience low back pain in their lifetime
- One in eight Canadians report having a chronic back problem
- Over 31 per cent of Canadians report activity limitations due to back pain
- Forty percent of work absences are due to back pain, second only to the common cold
- One in 10 Canadians report limitations to their normal activities due to a repetitive strain injury
What we’re doing to promote World Spine Day
This World Spine Day, the ask is simple: change your social media profile pictures in support of chiropractic care. Encourage your friends and family to change their profile pictures as well.
From October 1-16, the CCA will be running a two-week digital campaign on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and the CCA blog. All content will reinforce the message that chiropractors keep you moving using testimonials, patient stories, and member profiles.
The week of October 16, we will launch a Twibbon website and ask members and their patients to change their profile pictures in honour of World Spine Day.
What is a Twibbon?
A Twibbon Campaign is “a website where users can support a cause, brand or organisation in a variety of ways.”1
In a few simple clicks, you can update your Facebook and/or Twitter profile pictures with a unique, World Spine Day frame. This shows your friends and followers that you’re an advocate for chiropractic care.
What you can do to support World Spine Day
- Follow the CCA on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Share/retweet the content we post between October 1-16.
- Use the Twibbon website to change your profile picture*
- Post/tweet a message of support to your followers using the hashtag #GetSpineActive*.
The Twibbon website will have messages auto-generated for you to post on Twitter. Showing your support has never been easier!
*To update your profile picture on Facebook, go to the Twibbon website, download the Twibbon to your desktop or mobile device, and then upload the image to your profile picture as you normally would.
Sample Facebook Posts
On October 16, I will be supporting @WorldSpineDay2019. You can too! Find out how in this blog post. #GetSpineActive http://bit.ly/2nA8B1W
Did you know that one in eight Canadians report having a chronic back problem? Chiropractors can help. On October 16, show your support for chiropractic care. #GetSpineActive http://bit.ly/2nA8B1W
On October 16, I will be supporting @World_Spine_Day. You can too! Find out how in this blog post. #GetSpineActive http://bit.ly/2nA8B1W
One in eight Canadians report having a chronic back problem – chiropractors can help. On October 16, show your support for chiropractic care. #GetSpineActive http://bit.ly/2nA8B1W
Downloadable Facebook/Twitter Graphics
1200 x 630 px
Downloadable Instagram Graphics
1080 x 1080 px
Straighten Up Canada app
Find a Chiro
Use our search engine to find a chiropractor in your area, plus read their bio, clinic details, hours of operation, languages spoken, and techniques used
1 Twibbon, www.twibbon.com.