Skip navigation

History of the CMCC Health Science Library 1945 – present

This paper traces the development of the CMCC Health Sciences Library from its humble beginning in 1945 to the present day. In the early years of its development the library grew and prospered thanks to the support of early pioneers, the believers in the importance of the library to chiropractic education. In the later years of its growth and in spite of some challenges, with the support of CMCC presidents Dr. Ian Coulter and Dr. Jean Moss, and the academic deans Dr. Al Adams and Dr. John Mrozek, the library prospered. The Library at the new campus is a hub of intellectual life for our students and faculty, and a source of information for chiropractors and other healthcare professionals.

Cet article relate l’évolution de la bibliothèque des sciences de la santé du CMCC, depuis ses humbles débuts en 1945 jusqu’à ce jour. Durant les premières années de son existence, la bibliothèque a évolué et s’est enrichie grâce au soutien des premiers pionniers qui croyaient à son importance dans la formation en chiropratique. Plus tard, malgré certaines difficultés, la bibliothèque a prospéré grâce au soutien de deux
présidents du CMCC, le Dr Ian Coulter et la Dre Jean Moss, et celui de deux directeurs des études, les Drs Al Adams et John Mrozek. La bibliothèque du nouveau campus est un centre de vie intellectuelle pour nos étudiants et la faculté et une source d’information pour
les chiropraticiens et d’autres professionnels de la santé.

back to top