To learn more about guidelines for the care of patients with musculoskeletal disorders, and resources for practitioners, see below.
Physical activity, self-management, ergonomics and public health
Promoting physical activity
- Canadian Physical Activity Guidelines and Canadian Sedentary Behaviour Guidelines
- Exercice is Medicine and Exercice is Medicine Canada Professional resources
- Stanford Patient Education Research Center and training for the Chronic Disease Self-Management Program at Stanford.
- Canadian Task Force on Preventive Health Care
- US Preventive Services Task Force
Supporting self-management: helping patients take active roles in their health and wellness
Behaviour Change with Brief Action Planning: from ON Chiropractic magazine, May 2016, Ontario Chiropractic Association, pages 18-27
Centre for Collaboration Motivation and Innovation (CCMI) - education materials, training tools and resources.
Brief Action Planning - Webinar (Connie Davis, CCMI) - structured, stepped-care, self-management support technique grounded in the principles and practice of Motivational Interviewing and behavior change theory and research,
- Brief Action Planning - Guide
- Brief Action Planning - Flow Chart
- Brief Action Planning - White Paper
- Brief Action Planning - Goal Setting Worksheet
Ergonomics and musculoskeletal disorders
- MSD Toolbox - Prevention (Institute for Work and Health)
- Ergonomics and Musculoskeletal Disorders (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- Ergonomic Guidelines for arranging a Computer Workstation - 10 steps for users – Cornell University Ergonomics Lab
- Prevention of MSK Disorders in the Workplace (US dept Labor Occupational Safety and Health)
- Health & Safety Smart Planner - (Institute for Work and Health) - a software tool designed to calculate the costs and benefits of workplace health and safety initiatives.
- Public Health Agency of Canada
- Chiropractic Health Care section of the American Public Health Association (APHA)
- Healthy People 2020
- Fall prevention and injuries (Centre of Excellence on Mobility, Fall Prevention & Injury in Aging)
- World Spine Care is a global charity seeking to improve lives in under-served communities through sustainable, integrated, evidence-based spine care. Find out more about WSC and their commitment to evidence-based care by visiting their website and following them on Facebook and LinkedIn.