Joint Dysfunction – Low Back & Pelvis
Causes: Joint dysfunction, commonly presenting as joint pain or discomfort, can occur in joints of lumbar facet and sacroiliac joints. The pain can refer from the cartilaginous tissues linking the bones or associated structures.
Symptoms: Symptoms include pain and discomfort locally and referred. Slight swelling and redness can also occur. People may also report restricted motion.
Examples: Facet joint irritation, sacroiliac joint dysfunction.
How our experts can help: Depending on the findings of the history and patient examination, the chiropractor will recommend an individualized plan of management. The treatment options may include:
- Patient education and reassurance
- Manipulation or mobilization
- Soft tissue therapy of associated structures
- Modalities including electrical stimulation, acupuncture, ultrasound and others
- Rehabilitation and exercises
- Ergonomic and lifestyle changes
- Referral and co-management (e.g. trauma or dislocation)